Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Faroese Visitors

Our first visitors in our new home were Faroese! God has blessed us with coworkers from the Faroe Islands (teaching at the Bible School and working in the Nursery) and her parents were here for a short visit. We are glad they had time to spend a few hours with us. We trust they will just be the first of many to come down this way!

Having a few extra dishes that night gave us the idea to try using our dishwasher. I have never had one before and until now hadn’t even thought of trying to figure out how it works. Ragnar, being a bit more interested in that, got out the papers the former owners left us and soon had it working. Maybe I should not even try to learn which buttons to push!!)

As I was showing our guests thru our house, hearing her comment 'I think every woman should have one of these', told me that her favorite part was our bedroom closet. I agree with her. I think that is what sold me on the house the first time I saw it. Having a walk-in closet with room to spread things out is a dream come true!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that after ALL these years, you finally have a dishwasher! :-) Seeing your dining room table makes me miss you and your cozy little house on the hill so much... I'd forgotten about your blog, but am going to have to add you to our list of friends so I'm notified every time you update! Hope you have a wonderful time in Spain! Lots of hugs from the 4 of us...