Saturday, January 2, 2010

December Tidbits

In the morning we will begin our exciting journey back to the Philippines for 3 weeks.
I probably won't get an opportunity to update our blog until we make our way back to our home here in England, so thought I would just add a few tidbits of happenings in December before we leave. Ragnar giving the students, who have just finished their Phonetics Course, an opportunity to write down phonetically from a Filipino language.
They have come to our home for this part of their class experience. He is showing them how the 'bolo' (machete) is such a big part of the Kankanaey's life.

Here we are at the gym which was decorated and set up for the Christmas Banquet for all staff and students.
Renee, one of our excellent cooks, setting up lots of yummy desserts.

One of our friends playing a number on the flute.
The students talent and creativity continue to amaze me.
Here they are singing a fun song they composed about studying Phonetics.
The following day was the Christmas Carol Service for folks in the community.
It was also well attended.
The choir sang a beautiful number. I signed up for the original practice, but believe it or not something came up each Tuesday night until that Sunday and I never made it back. This way I could sit back and enjoy it though.
I must really be getting old, as these young people's memories absolutely amazed me. They could flawlessly quote many lines without missing a beat. Except for being annoyed at myself realizing I couldn't do that anymore, I really enjoyed this little play.
This was followed by delicious cakes, cookies and candy plus lots of time to enjoy spending with the guests.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's been fun to catch up on the last few weeks of your lives and Christmas! We'll be thinking of and praying for you during your trip back to the Philippines. So glad you'll be able to see D & C & fam as well as everyone else! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!