Saturday, April 26, 2014

All Good Things Come to an End



Well I guess this blog is seeing it's final days.  

I started it back in 2008, to write about our life in Great Britain, but as those of you who have been following it know, it has included scenes from a few other countries too.  It has been an enjoyable experience and I look back with fondness on the time I spent on it.
What our street looked like this time of the year.
I am sure I will take a peek at it from time to time - just for fun - or when my memory fades and I am trying to remember an event.
Who were the Volunteers that year?
But our life in beautiful England has come to an end, and so has this blog.

Thanks to all of you who have gone on this journey with me.  I appreciate your feedback, many positive comments and the encouragement to keep it up.     

I plan to start a new blog for our life back in Asia though and would like to  keep the name 'Niclasen's Notebook' for it.  Thus I will change the name for this blog to something I considered when I was first thinking of this one - Elizabethian Essays.  
I will let you know when the new one is up and running and give you the address for it.  

(Before I end it though I can't resist sharing a few pictures of our time with our precious grandchildren here in Canada.... so there just has to be a couple more P.S. posts)

2 comments:

Nicolina said...

Dear Liz! I stumbled over your blog some years ago and have been an interested reader ever since. You write so well and the photographs are excellent. It is extremely interesting to read about your exciting life - especially I enjoyed your A - Z on the Faroes - very special to read about my home through the eyes of a Canadian! Being a lifelong neighbour of your in laws, I know the whole family - Ragnar's brother Ólavur was a very special friend to all my family, when he was a child and young man. I hope I shall be allowed to follow your new blog as well and thank you for interesting reading so far. Wish both you and Ragnar the best of luck in your new service. God bless you! Best wishes from Nicolina in the green house across the street from the Niclasen home in Klaksvík - now sadly dark and abandoned!

Anonymous said...

Liz, Hello!!
I tried to send a note, but I clearly have not got this thing mastered. In essence it is good to "see" you eventhough it is for the "last" time. I am interested in you journey and will try to connect up with you later. Things have really changed for us. Spring is here, I am not walking with a cane, God has placed some "work" into our hands at our church and on the day you sent your last blogspot we were shearing sheep with some wonderful pictures that maybe in time I will be able to email you. Rocky might get a bit of a laugh at them. I pray for your journey. Bless you......Washington State farm Lass.......Ginger