Thursday, April 2, 2009

Onto the Highway

I knew I had to do it sometime, but I just kept putting off driving on the Motorway (Highway) for as long as I could. I don’t know why I was nervous about it as I feel quite comfortable driving on the back roads from here to town and back. And now that I just got behind the wheel and drove down to Birmingham on Friday (3 hour drive) I wonder all the more why I didn’t do it earlier. I am thankful that it went very well and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.The rewards at the end of the journey made it especially well worth it - smiles, hugs and kisses from the two sweetest girls in Great Britain!!


Saturday afternoon while Craig and Claire were at their ministry, Ellie and I had lots of fun painting Easter Eggs.


On our way back home we were treated to a yummy dinner at Claire’s mom and dad’s. Ellie and Rebekah playing in Jefferies back yard.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yes, you DO have the cutest little granddaughters!!! Good for you being brave on the motorway! (How does it compare to driving on the NLEX or EDSA?? Maybe not quite as much chaos or smoke belchers or crazy bus drivers, haha...) Now that you've done it once, I'm sure you'll do it many more times and there will soon be a well-worn path between your house and those sweet little girls. Enjoy!