These past two weeks with my family in Birmingham have been FANTASTIC. What more could a grandma ask for than hours of cuddles with a precious little new born, and lots of time reading books, playing games, going for walks and oodles of hugs from a 2 and 4 year old?
Lydia Jane is now 3 weeks old and growing by leaps and bounds!
What fun to hold her in my arms as I talk and sing to her, watching her sweet little expressions. I also enjoy just watching her breath while she is asleep in my lap. Maybe you can tell I am crazy over her!!
I call her my little Sunshine!
A good night family hug just before Ellie and Rebekah go jump in bed.
Quite a few afternoons, Ellie, Rebekah and I would go for a walk to a nearby park.
Here they are practicing saying 'cheese' without looking at the camera.
One day their other Grandma and Granddad came over for the day, and we took them to the Nature Center.
Ellie and Rebekah with their two grandmothers.
We enjoyed walking around the Nature Center, seeing a large variety of animals.
I enjoyed being woken up almost every morning with these two sweet girls calling, "Omma". After a fun time in Omma's bed of making sure I was really awake, we would go downstairs for breakfast. I think they look so sweet in their housecoats.
Feeding the ducks at the nearby duck pond.
Another park close by where there were lots of places to climb, slide and tumble down.
The girls also had lots of fun at Hickory Dickory's.
And it looks like Omma had fun too, running around with her camera in hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment