Sunday, January 2, 2011

Volunteer Ladies

We have been very blessed this school year to have 5 young ladies volunteer to help us with various jobs on the NTM center. 3 of them work in the Nursery, one in the kitchen and one is our Graphic Designer. It has been our pleasure to get to know them quite well as they come to our home each Monday night for a Bible Study and time of fellowship. We usually begin with our time in the Word, followed by a snack and chatting, and recently have added a episode of 'Little House on the Prairie'.
This evening was our 'Christmas Party' and we all had dinner together. Ragnar usually joins us for the Bible Study, but this evening he had to make a couple of airport runs.
During our recent trip to Spain, I had several hours where I was sitting with idle hands, so I decided to give them a project to knit a scarf for each of the 'girls'. A few hours in the car, in the airplane, and listening to discussions gave me a great start, and I am thankful I was able to get the last one finished the night before our party.
When I wrapped the scarfs, I didn't put names on them, so they could choose or exchange, but each one kept the one they opened.
We sang lots of Christmas Carols this evening too.
Then on to the dessert and a couple episodes of Little House on the Prairie. I love watching them with these girls. Although there is a big generation gap here, they seem to love them as much as I do!!

No comments: