Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hodgepodge '10

As I was looking though some of our photos from this past year, I thought I would choose 10 things to share before going on to this new school year's activities. 1. - Ladies Bible Study
I helped another lady host a Ladies Bible study every 2nd week. The study was in her home and she did most of the lessons. My part was to make the invitations and provide a snack each time.
We had a special speaker share with us this evening. She and her husband have worked in various countries around the world and than taught here at the school before retirement.

2. - A few More Days with Nelsens
After our friends, Scott and Cindy finished their course in Liverpool, we 'got them' again for a few days before they headed back to the States. We SO enjoyed our time with them, and wished they always lived just a 3 hour train ride from us!! It never hurts to dream, does it?

Here we are with Cindy at Harewood Bird Gardens. A beautiful place to stroll around - and with Cindy being a bird watcher, she made a great tour guide for us!!
Enjoying a meal together on our way to our home.
The restaurant was formerly a Windmill.

We put them right to work - choosing the plants and then making a beautiful flower garden in front of our house.

Planting an apple tree beside our driveway.
Even though Scott's profession is a medical doctor, doesn't it look like he also enjoys getting his fingers in the dirt?!?!?
3. - Baby Shower
A fun get together for Keafer's little daughter that would soon arrive.
I loved the reaction of the ladies as we played the game of guessing which chocolate bar I had melted in diapers. Some weren't as brave as this lady, and wouldn't even smell them so they could guess!
Pondering mother to be.
A test to see if the new mother could multitask. Could she talk on the phone while holding her baby and hanging up the clothes?
4. - Newlyweds
We were not here when they had a wedding shower for this young couple, so we had them in one evening.
Since she is very good on the piano, I couldn't help but think of her when I saw this 'piano clock'. He has spent some time in Bolivia, so this was a good occasion to use our tea set from there. Indians are painted on each dish.
5. - World Cup
Ragnar wasn't the only one on the campus who enjoyed watching the World Cup. We often had lots of people crowd in our rather small 'theater'.
Lots of cheering and booing!
There was always room for one more on the floor.
6. - Farewell for Renee
The time here had run out for one of our wonderful cooks.
We will miss those yummy meals. A few of us 'girls' took her out bowling on her last night here.
Should we let the one who only had one more sleep in England win???
7. - 25th Anniversary
We will never forget that special day in our lives - now it was our neighbour's turn. We live in a duplex and the Townley's are next door. This wasn't their exact date, but it was our time to celebrate with them - grilled salmon and a chat until midnight.
Carol is the cook at the school, so I was being a little brave in inviting them over!
8. Motorcycle Memories
No, it isn't ours. A student from Germany brought it here last year, and asked us to keep it for him over the summer vacation. Ragnar enjoyed a few spins on it from time to time.
9. - Canola Fields
This is a very familiar sight around here in the spring.
I tried taking lots of shots, but none of them do it justice.


You will just have to believe me - they are BEAUTIFUL!! 10. - Student Hike
The students were doing a day long hike, so I went with one of the ladies here to help take their children to meet them for lunch.
A great spot for a picnic!!

No comments: