Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another Birthday

January 23 was the day that Ragnar was to arrive in England from the Philippines.  With our sudden change of plans to go to the Faroes, we both ended up arriving in Great Britain at midnight on the 22nd.
So I spent the day taking our Christmas decorations down (I had been in bed with the flu from the time Ragnar left, until I went to the Faroes), trying to relocate the dust that had accumulated during our absence, unpacking our suitcases and begin getting caught up on some piled up work before we needed to begin packing again.  We would start on our trip for Canada on the 27th.

Lots of people asked me if I had a good birthday - yes thanks, I did.
-it was good to be home and sleep in my own bed that night
-it was good to get a start in making some order out of chaos in our home
-it was good to have both of our sons call me and our grandkids sing to me
-it was good to have several friends drop by with gifts and flowers
-it was good to have frozen left overs in the freezer so we didn't have to go shopping
-it was good to have the Volunteers surprise me with a visit that night
I am also very thankful to be healthy, have a wonderful husband, (who for some reason still thinks the world of me) and that my future is secure - in God's wonderful hands. What more could I possibly ask for? 

No comments: