I would like to blog about my bird's eye view of the Faroe Islands - Ragnar's homeland - and the things I observed during my brief visits there over the past 35 years.
As you are reading this, remember that I am an outsider looking in. This is written by a Canadian, who has lived in Asia most of her life, but has visited the Faroes 22 times. A Faroese probably views all of this very differently.
Faroese live in a natural wonderland!! The Islands are naturally stunning. They lie 200 km. northwest of Scotland and 1/2 way between Norway and Iceland.
They are also known as 'The Land of Maybe', probably because many years ago their fishing career depended on the weather. When asked if they would go fishing the next day, and they were unsure of the weather more often than not, the answer was 'maybe'.
.jpg)
.jpg)

2 comments:
thank you so much for your series on the Faroes, it was really interesting, entertaining and educational!
I feel like I have had a visit to your beautiful Islands.... I loved reading about and seeing the wonderful pictures! Enjoy your visit with Sarah soon!!! love and prayer, Esther Meisel
Post a Comment