Ragnar seemed to be doing some better at the beginning of the week. I even went over to our Tuesday morning HQ Staff Prayer Meeting. We get together each week to pray for the missionaries who have gone through the training here and are now serving in various countries. We have missed quite a few recently though.
On Wednesday we went to see the Cardiologist in Lincoln - about 1 hr. drive south of us. He carefully listened to Ragnar's saga, did a few more tests and scheduled an Angiogram for the next week and put him on 2 new kinds of heart medicine. It was encouraging just knowing we had a date not too far off.
Since we had spent the last 2 Sundays in the hospital, instead of church, Paul and Jenny came by to see how we were doing. It was great to be assured that everyone in the church is praying for us.
A nice long chat with Stephen Jerrard one afternoon was very encouraging. FYI - that is the pastoral Stephen Jerrard, not the well known football player! People were so good in coming to visit him.
Then on the Thursday evening he felt heavy pressure on the left side of his chest - like someone had placed a HUGE stone on it. Since our next door neighbour is a nurse and does shifts at the hospital where we go, I thought I would go over and ask her opinion on taking him in again. As I knocked on the door, I realized they had company. After I explained the situation she told me her guest was a Medical Doctor, so the two of them came over. After seeing him and asking a few questions, the dr. advised me to call the ambulance immediately. When I waited a few seconds, he looked at me sternly and said, I mean NOW."
Soon 2 paramedics were in our bedroom and a little later 2 more arrived in the Ambulance. Ragnar had 7 care givers in our bedroom at one point. After doing a few tests, they put him in a chair and carried him downstairs. On our way to the hospital for the 3rd time. This time he was admitted and kept for 2 days. At that time the Dr. advised he stay in until Wednesday when he would have his angiogram. He felt his condition was getting worse.
Knowing that he would sleep better and be more rested at home, I promised to take great care of him. He would have complete bed rest. So he let him come home under strict conditions, doubling one of his heart medicines. He was a good patient - never even tried to wander down the stairs and received lots of guest in our room.
I tried to get some time in looking thru a few Vegan cookbooks. We are trying to eat fat free meals, trusting our taste buds will eventually adjust!!
Ingrid and Michela sure know how to cheer us up. Realizing when someone with Ragnar's personality has to be in the house all day long, those days would seem very long, they made an effort to brighten his spirits. They made several visits over the last few weeks. We are blessed with such sweet coworkers.
Outside our apple tree was beginning to blossom - looks like it will give us some fruit this year.
This time of the year cherry blossoms are gorgeous. The road to our office is lined with pink.
This time of the year cherry blossoms are gorgeous. The road to our office is lined with pink.
Another week of also being thankful for Skype - our kids and grandkids in Birmingham and Ontario always cheer us up.

No comments:
Post a Comment