Lots of down time for Ragnar this week. He is not used to so little activity, but enjoyed using the time to read and study the book of Joshua.
We appreciated all the love and thoughtfulness shown by our friends, neighours and coworkers. Lots of people stopped by for quick visits to show their concern, yet very aware that he tired so easy.
His Italian buddies.
His Italian buddies.
Sweet little Stella Joy was born while we were in Canada.
I'm a bit behind in getting a gift over to her, but as soon as I finished cross stitching a bib I hurried over to their home for some cuddles.
What a doll!! Also enjoyed a good visit with her mom.
I got to be in 2 sunrooms this week. Marie invited me over for an encouraging talk in her cute room that with all those windows is very warm even in winter days.
I first met Marie in the Faroes many years ago when she came to her friend's wedding. At that time she was working in Africa. A few years later she married one of our coworkers in the Philippines so we ran into each other from time to time. Now we have been working together here for the last five years.
We often joke that we are related - Filipino style that is - my husband's sister's husband's brother's son married Marie's sister!!
While a bunch of students came over to keep Ragnar company watching a soccer game, Mandy and I went for a nice long walk and then chilled out for awhile.
An interesting evening on the topic of creation. Even though I am firmly established in my belief of our Creator, it is always great to hear it simply explained by a great teacher.
Almost exactly to the hour, one week after Ragnar's first attack, I was on the phone calling an Ambulance. His chest pain was back and breathing was difficult. They were here in record time. Our school nurse offered to follow the Ambulance and graciously waited with us in the Emergency Room while they did more tests and sent us home at 7:30 the next morning to wait for more testing in mid May.
We were thankful for our friend who was with us and more aware of what was taking place than we were. She also was able to take us home since I had gone to the hospital in the Ambulance with Ragnar. People have been telling us for years that we need to slow down! Now it was forced on us!!
We were thankful for our friend who was with us and more aware of what was taking place than we were. She also was able to take us home since I had gone to the hospital in the Ambulance with Ragnar. People have been telling us for years that we need to slow down! Now it was forced on us!!

No comments:
Post a Comment