With Mission Simulation coming up soon, it was time to get the canning jars out once more. Since I only teach the class once a year, I always do a practice run the night before. This year I tried meat balls.
This year's class were very enthusiastic about it, making it so much fun to be with them while showing them the process. Industrious ladies - they went on to can many more jars for their 5 weeks of living in their tents.
For some reason I thought I needed to squeeze in a few days for the flu that week too, before our granddaughters arrived for their term break. A few days of who was waiting on who in our house!?
Since it didn't even give me a warning signal that it would be coming, I didn't have time to cancel a couple of previous made dates that day.
Theresa, a young lady from our local church has been to Gambia a few times recently. We have been trying to get together for her to show me her pictures from there and share her experiences. She was very gracious and understanding with my lack of enthusiasm about her exciting adventure. Of course I was happy for her and wanted to see and hear all about it - just lacked the energy to show her that. She soon plans to go for at least a year.
Moira graciously invites me over for a meal each time Ragnar is away for a few days. This time it was our turn to have her since her husband was in Canada for meetings (and came home with some Tim Horton's coffee for us!!). Isn't the bottle of juice dressed up cute that she brought along?
Christopher attended our PFO a few years ago and then went on to work in PNG for a year. While he was there he was challenged to go back full time. Now he and his sweet bride, Lily, are planning to come through the training in September and were here for a visit. Great to see PFO candidates going on!! We enjoyed having them over and seeing his Power Point of his time in PNG.
Ragnar was back to the office for most of one morning! Progress!
Ragnar was back to the office for most of one morning! Progress!
Enjoying coffee together when Nathan and Maria came over to borrow a book on learning German. There is no better place to hang out than in the kitchen.


No comments:
Post a Comment