Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lonely Tea Cups

Or - One Way of Getting Invited to a Party
One of last year's German students was back for a visit last week. It was good to see her again, but since the students coffee breaks are generally quite loud and a bit difficult to enjoy a good conversation, we set a date for her to come to our home for a 'cuppa' and a catch up chat.
I rushed home from the office at the time I thought we had set, made the coffee, lit the candles, turned on the music, put out some snacks and waited and waited and waited. As I was getting lots of reading done, I gradually realized she wasn't coming.
When lunch time came and we joined the students in the dining room (weekly routine) she came up to me to talk about our date. When her friend who was with her realized that somehow our wires had gotten crossed, suggested that I come to a get-together they were having for her that night.
A fairy tale ending - my lonely teacups turned out to be an invitation to an enjoyable evening with lots of friends.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw! Your tea spread looked SO inviting and cozy...I wish I could have a few hours alone with you and a pot of tea to catch up! :-)

Niclasen's Notebook said...

Me too Sarah!! Let's trust it will work out some day soon - no matter what country!!